[Olsr-users] Olsr-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 1

Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 20 14:51:13 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 6:42 PM, John Clark wrote:

> John Clark.
>
> That, that being said... The Wife has just done the 'Give 1, get 1'
> donation for Nicholas Negroponte's 'Laptop for every Child'
> project. One
> of the claims, is that the software in the laptop does 'mesh'
> networking. So, I'm going to 'get 2' and have a look at them...

John, the pre-802.11s mesh inside the XO is a modified AODV which
works very well as far as I could test it.
However it is on layer 2 and you can not (*sigh*) get the firmware
since that is closed source.
And since everything runs in the firmware in the XO, there is almost
no way to play around with it.
You can take a look at the libertas driver.

hope it helped,

a.