[Olsr-users] OLSR Pro Active autoconfig news?

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 16 22:32:01 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 15:12 -0500, Alex . wrote:
[...]
> > How is "main branch" defined?
>
> hehe, just trying to understand the group dynamic here :-)
> FOSS make it so that everyone is everywhere most of the time, so i
> wouldn't be able to answer that question very clearly (other than
> biggest or first branch?)

For the newcomers a little bit of history[0]: Andreas Tonnesen did
several years a lot as part of his diploma thesis (IIRC) and afterwards.
Since then got a completely unrelated job + family, he hadn't much time.
CVS commits were next to none. Sven-Ola Tücke produced
improvements/patches mainly for FreiFunkFirmware.
Now there are also other people around which had a short look at
Sven-Olas patches and put into into CVS. And now these other people are
improving further here and there.
olsrd is not that bad but it was several months ago nearly unusable on
the small LinkSys routers in Vienna (391 routes now) or Berlin (somewhat
60% larger than Vienna IIRC) and it suffered mainly from suboptimal
implementation (it does malloc()/free() of whole temporary lists for
*each* incoming packet).

	Bernd

[0]: I know next to nothing from before.
          Embedded Linux Development and Services