[Olsr-users] OLSR, fixed networks and MIPv6

Florian RODARY (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 2 05:40:48 CET 2007

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to make cooperating fixed networks, MANET clouds, with
OLSR and MIPv6.

My goal is to make MANET nodes processing their own stateless
autoconfiguration, on receiving Router Advertisements, and then, proceed
with MIPv6 by sending Binding Updates to their Home Agent in the fixed
network to advertise it of a new COA address.
After reviewing lots of research papers on the Internet, it appears that
several solutions have been proposed, but no one has been normalized yet.
Do you have any information on how to proceed ?

My idea is to modify HNA messages processing on a MANET node to consider the
prefix and compute their own address. Basically, the gateway between the
MANET cloud and the fixed network will make the translation between RAs and
HNA messages. Am I thinking in the right direction ?

Any comment would be appreciated.

Regards,
Florian