[OLSR-users] Configuring MANET Routers

Patrick McCarty (spam-protected)
Fri May 4 22:06:08 CEST 2007

Hmmm... Unfortunately gmail kinda munged the diagram, but I think it's
pretty much the same as what I said before.

If the two MANET nodes exchange route information and have updated
routes (which they would)... Any hosts sitting behind the routers on
another segment would be reachable from the other. (Even if the other
nodes were not running olsr). You just have to make sure that those
nodes use the MR as their default gateway.

ie: Fixed host 1 wants to talk to Fixed host 4

FH1 Talks to MR1s FH side
FH1 (192.168.1.2) -> MR1 (192.168.1.1)

MR1 talks to MR2 across the MANET interface
MR1 (10.0.0.1) ->  MR2 (10.0.0.2) (Or whatever you use on that net)

MR2 talks to FH4
MR2 (192.168.2.1) -> FH4 (192.168.2.3)

This assumes:
1) FH1 has MR1 as default route
2) FH4 has MR2 as default route
3) MR1 exports HNA4 route via OLSR (192.168.1.0/24)
4) MR2 exports HNA4 route via OLSR (192.168.2.0/24)

Now 192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24 can route to each other.

-- patrick