[OLSR-users] Olsr and Win Vista

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 20 10:40:25 CET 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 21:43 +0100, vladan grubesic wrote:
[...]
> I am a rookie from Croatia, and I have a question.
>
> When I try to run OLSR on MS Windows Vista, I get the following note in
> output window:
>

>  *** olsr.org - 0.4.10 ***
>  Build date: Jan  4 2006
>  http://www.olsr.org
>
> Parsing file: "C:\Users\Blade\AppData\Local\Temp\GNUD910.tmp"
> Httpinfo olsrd plugin 0.1 by Andreas Třnnesen
> SetIpForwardEntry() = 000000a0, One or more arguments are not correct.
> CreateIpForwardEntry() = 000000a0, One or more arguments are not correct.
> SetIpForwardEntry() = 000000a0, One or more arguments are not correct.
> CreateIpForwardEntry() = 000000a0, One or more arguments are not correct.

I take this as a prime example for "backward compatibility on Windows".

It would help in guessing (as my crystal ball is on vacation;-) if
someone can post the function declarations, where the failing funtion is
called and the actually used values (in the error case of course).

> DeleteIpForwardEntry() = 00000490, Element not found.
> DeleteIpForwardEntry() = 00000490, Element not found.

IANWP[0] but this sounds like a route deletion fails. We have similar in
the logs on Linux since ages (and thus probably on *BSD too) so this is
very probably not critical. And I had not time to look into this (and
appaerntly no one else .....) .....

> And can't get it to work.

Apparently you are the first one trying to run the beast on Vista. And
obviously it needs porting efforts.

> So, if somebody knows what it means and knows how to solve this pleas
> conntact me.

Patches are always welcome.

	Bernd

[0]: I am not a Windoze programmer.