[Olsr-users] Problem starting olsrd with Quagga Plugin

Immo 'FaUl' Wehrenberg (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 25 20:55:50 CEST 2007

Hallo Frank,
du schrobst:
> I recently installed the Quagga Plugin that comes with olsrd-0.5.0.  I am
> using Quagga version 0.98.6, and I installed the olsr quagga patch before
> compiling Quagga.

Excellent ;-)

> When I attempt to execute olsrd with the Quagga Plugin enabled, I receive
> the following error message:
>
> Library: olsrd_quagga.so.0.2.2
> OLSR EXIT: AIIIII, could not connect to zebra! is zebra running?
> Terminated

Can you confirm where your zebra-socket is? (netstat -lp) On some system it
is an tcp-socket on port 2600, on other systems it is an Unix Domain Socket
usally located at /var/run/quagga/zserv.api.

Per default the quagga-plugin looks for /var/run/quagga/zserv.api and if the
connect failes, the message above is issued.

If your quagga listened on TCP (for security-reasons this is not recommend as
anybody from localhost can change routes) you must comment out the
CFLAGS +=-DUSE_UNIX_DOMAIN_SOCKET
line in the Makefile.

FaUl