[OLSR-users] Multi-Radio Multi-Channel support in OLSR???

Rajesh Narayanan (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 30 23:34:29 CET 2007

well conceptually that is what it tries to achieve, 'A system with multiple
copper interfaces'. But unlike cu interfaces where we know that the link
between two nodes is always noise free, as we know, such is not the case in
wireless. So if you have three nodes in a triangle, with each having 2
radios (interfaces) how do they intelliegently figure out which channels to
use so that each node can talk to each other on a non-interfering channel
with reference to the other two nodes.

The problem is non-trivial hence a lot of research that has gone into it.
One method is the 'split-router' that has been developed by researchers at
UCSB. It looks quite promising.

And about my personal interests.. I work for a telecom company and you can
say involved in looking at some latest trends in wireless technology and
architectures. The idea is to look at it different from deploying hot-spots.

Thanks,
Rajesh.