[OLSR-users] Anyone tried two nodes with internet connection?

Rajesh Narayanan (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 12 20:48:48 CET 2007

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the detail explanation again. I tried this:

Case 1:
------------
* Added a host route to a server thats on the uplink to NodeA
* Asked the dyn-gw config to ping that address.
* Olsrd Configuration:
<snip>
Hna4 {
    0.0.0.0    0.0.0.0
}

LoadPlugin "olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.4"
{
    PlParam "Ping"    "10.193.244.15"
}

<snip>

* Route config:
Destination        Gateway     Genmask               Flags    Metric   Ref
Use     Iface
10.193.244.15    0.0.0.0        255.255.255.255    UH        0          0
    0        Vlan1
(no default routes.. i.e. no routes for 0.0.0.0)

*** So here is the disparity. HNA says that 0.0.0.0 can be reached through
this node. While there is no route configuration for this route.
*** So if I start olsrd with the above configuration then I get this error
HNA[00000000/00000000]   is   invalid
HNA[00000000/00000000]   is   invalid
HNA[00000000/00000000]   is   invalid
\

Case2:
----------
* Now say I add a 0.0.0.0 route so that route table looks like:
Destination        Gateway     Genmask               Flags    Metric   Ref
Use     Iface
10.193.244.15    0.0.0.0        255.255.255.255    UH        0          0
    0        Vlan1
0.0.0.0              0.0.0.0         0.0.0.0                  U
0          0       0        Vlan1

* And change the olsrd.conf to
<snip>
Hna4 {
## Removed 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 from here.
}

LoadPlugin "olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.4"
{
    PlParam "HNA"    "0.0.0.0"
    PlParam "Ping"    "10.193.244.15"
}

OLSRD fails as i get the error:
Fatal error in pligin parameter "HNA"/"0.0.0.0"
(This happens whether i have the 0.0.0.0 in the route table or not)

Conclusion:
Suggestion of having a host route fails. Maybe due to a bug in the olsr
code.

Please advice.
Thanks,
Rajesh.