[OLSR-users] Anyone tried two nodes with internet connection?

Benjamin Watson (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 10 05:08:58 CET 2007

"Also I think you need to be running OLSR on the laptops for them to
reroute correctly.  Otherwise laptop A would never know that node 2
and Internet B exists.  Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think
this is the case."

I don't think so.  Isn't that the purpose of OLSR and other routing
protocols?  The laptops should only be concerned with maintaining a
connection to their respective routers.  It is up to the routers to
forward traffic appropriately (after all, they are routers).

I'm curious as to what OS/Distro you're running on Node1 and Node2.
Assuming in your example above that the interface connected to
InternetA on Node1 is called eth0, then what happens if you
unconfigure eth0?  For example in a Debian based system:

ifdown eth0

After executing such a command, shouldn't the default route be removed
from the table?  If that's the case, then you need a method that upon
link failure, eth0 is automagically unconfigured.

Make sense?