[OLSR-users] WLAN Router with two WLAN interfaces - route flapping issue

Rolf Schärer (spam-protected)
Fri Jan 5 09:41:14 CET 2007

Hi group,

We discovered the following issue running olsr on a WRAP board
(www.pcengines.ch) with two WLAN interfaces and one Ethernet interface:

Everything works ok if the other olsr-enabled WLAN routers (mostly
Linksys WRT54G's running a Freifunk Firmware) can only connect to one of
the WLAN interfaces of the WRAP board. Trouble starts if the other
routers connect to two WLAN interfaces...
E.g. the default-route, announced by the WRAP board, is flapping between
the two interfaces. This behaviour is an effect of the Link Quality
Extension - if it is turned off on every router, the routing is based on
hop counts and behaves ok.

My question is, whether somebody on this list has discovered the same
problems and if, what the solution was (if there's any!)

Thanks a lot.
Take care,
Rolf

More Infos:
===========
We're running the following olsr version:

  *** olsr.org - 0.4.10 ***
  Build date: Jan 18 2006
  http://www.olsr.org

And the configuration file: