[OLSR-users] Strange problem with the dyn_gw plugin

stn21 (spam-protected)
Fri Sep 15 20:50:08 CEST 2006

Sven-Ola Tuecke schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> this is caused by a firewall setup of your itnernet gateway. In
> contrast to the standard dyngw plugin, freifunk uses a cronjob and
> traceroute to verify the intenet connection. Cron runs every minute or
> so. If traceroute not possible (e.g. UDP blocked), then HNA will
> switch off. You also may notice, that in this case a new
> "background-default-route" (aka policy routing) exist. The background
> route is only valid for the se505 device. This makes it possible to
> rescan with traceroute from the device itself while not disturbing
> others with a faulty standard default route.
>
> In short: Enable UDP and the auto-HNA is your friend.
Hi Sven-Ola,

thank you for the hints. Traceroute from the freifunk-AP itself via
router into the internet does not work, as you suggested. The only
response comes from the internet-router.

But:
- traceroute from a (windows-)PC via the AP via router into the internet
does work.
- UDP also works from a PC via AP via router into the internet.
- I know no way to test whether UDP works from the AP itself.

This makes no sense to me. AFAIK UDP and traceroute are not blocked on
the internet-router. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Thank you,
Stefan