[OLSR-users] Re: exclude physically connected / olsr problems on multi-interface

P C (spam-protected)
Mon Oct 30 05:02:16 CET 2006

>I want OLSR to listen and broadcasting on both interfaces, but I don't want it to automatically advertise the subnets on those interfaces.

>From my experiences, olsr does Not automatically advertise the entire subnets of your alternate interfaces which olsr is enabled on; however, it does advertise the individual IP other olsr-enabled systems on the alternate subnets.

I am having a problem when two systems that have olsr enabled on 3 interfaces and they are visible to each other on all 3 interfaces; it seems to cause packet-loss/packet-storm? on the wired ethernet interface.  I did Not have this problem when the two systems were visible to each other on only 2 interfaces at the same time.  And, I am Not announcing HNA subnets containing IPs of the other system (yeah I did that accidently a few months ago and it caused infinate route loops until TTL).  Is there a problem with olsr when 2 units can see each other via 3 different interfaces?
Thank you,
-Pete

Sent via the WebMail system at ipro.net