[OLSR-users] auto ip address assignment

Roar Bjørgum Rotvik (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 6 08:15:24 CEST 2006

Andreas Tønnesen wrote:
> Roar Bjørgum Rotvik wrote:
>>
>> I'm currently working on preparing the code for release (primary add
>> license, locate public place for the code and such), but do not have a
>> releasedate yet. But probably within two-three weeks.

> That's cool! (I guess the code could need an overhaul :-) )

Yes, and the plugin may not compile directly against newest olsrd version, I think the
plugin API has changed a little bit since we created PAA :)
But I have done a similar "upgrade" with another of mine plugins and it was not much work.

As the situation is right now I don't have the time available to do much code changes, so
I think I will have to release the code without the needed chages to make it work agains
latest cvs-version (or 0.4.10 for that sake). But it is a start :)

>> OLSRD is BSD licenced now (right?). Does this means that the plugins
>> must have the same license?
>>
> No, you can license the plugin however you like. I guess any possible
> problem would come the
> other way around - example: can a BSD licensed application use GPLed
> plugins?

Ok, I guess that the plugin could be BSD licensed, but the daemon could be GPL or BSD, as
there is only a normal socket interface between them, no linking as such.
Does anyone here have any preferences for which license to choose from?

--
Roar Bjørgum Rotvik