[OLSR-users] Securing the OLSR interface

John Clark (spam-protected)
Mon May 22 19:12:25 CEST 2006

Sven-Ola Tuecke schrieb:
> Karsten,
>
> that is the point where the Freifunk Firmware comes in. Has a cron job
> which will verify the static route. If defroute does not work - put
> defroute to a background policy routing table. That will stop HNA
> announcing too (via olsrd_dny_gw_plain). This little cron script does
> the trick here, because most black holes are configuration errors and
> not vandalism.

Perhaps it would be of interest to have an 'open node' which monitors
attempts at vandalism
to estimate the need for a more secure setup.

It also occurs to me that there could be a problem with bandwith hogs,
this of course is not
a OLSR problem but a general 'use' of the ad-hoc mesh by otherwise
civilized users...

John Clark