[OLSR-users] Securing the OLSR interface

Karsten Horsmann (spam-protected)
Mon May 22 15:11:52 CEST 2006

Hi Folks,

Sven-Ola Tuecke schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> security can be achived by end-to-end encryption. If someone else in
> your neighbourhood manage to connect to the ad-hoc network _and_ is able
> to setup the olsrd routing: Make an invitation party - your network is
> growing. More coverage. Larger range. This kind of "automatic" growth we
> are normally looking for ;-)

ACK.

> So forget about securing wifi. Secure your resources instead. Use
> firewall rules (as on the internet) for your private net and do some
> authentication for securing your resources, e.g. an inet gw or your
> private ftp.
[...]

i think that the growing network is the big feature of olsrd meshing.

But if you setup an olsrd thats announced an Inet connection, without
an an really one - you got an black hole, isn´t?

I don´t test this szenario, maybe i can discard so a misconfigured
node with the olsr filter?

--
MfG / Regards
Karsten Horsmann