[OLSR-users] Gateway changes break connection

Kosta Welke (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 7 15:00:26 CET 2006

Marc Quinton wrote:
>> Example:
>> I ping a host in the network. Link to box1 goes down. Ping says stuff
>> like "sendmsg: Invalid argument" instead of using the new gateway.
>> Restarting ping solves the problem.
> I had similar problems with my meshed network. The probleme was I was
> masquerading forwarded packets.

No, this is not the problem in my network. I think your approach is for
networks where the olsr network transcends a NAT, which does not apply
for my.

My problem was that the interface is destroyed when the link breaks,
thus invalidating the socket. A bridge solves that :)

Anyway, it has nothing to do with olsr... :)

Kosta