[OLSR-users] Mobile node(s) in dead spot

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 6 18:41:15 CEST 2006

Hi,

you may try to write an OLSRd plugin similar to the nameservice plugin. Be
sure to check out the TAS plugin also before start coding. The information
may be transmitted via OLSR message flooding on top of the protocol. Your
addon may then collect, sort out doubles and retransmit that stuff
dynamically.

Writing plugins is nothing for the absolute beginner. Be sure to setup a 5
node network first in order to gain at least _some_ experience.

LG Sven-Ola

""asutosh gopinath"" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi,
I have one scenario and I want to know if OLSR can be helpful.

A (mobile node), B mobile node, C (stationary gateway)

Node A is in dead spot and cannot see C, but B travels to-and-fro between A
and C and can see A and C. But when node B is near A it also cannot see C.

Is is possible for B to carry data of A when it is close to A and pass them
on to C when it is on the way to C? B also needs to send its own data to C.

I have a linux embedded computer and want to make a MANET out of it using
USB Wifi adapter. Does OLSR accept USB Wlan devices?

Thanks and Regards
asutosh

Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number.  -Lycos Yellow
Pages