[OLSR-users] Mobile node(s) in dead spot

Henning Wangerin (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 6 16:15:59 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 23:05 -0500, asutosh gopinath wrote:
> My embedded computer wants to send GPS data every 10 secs.
> But I dont want to store them in my application memory and keep retrying until the radio
> establishes the connection with the gateway.

If the unit can connect to the base via some other nodes, it can deliver
directly, otherwise you have to stor data locally or on other nodes that
is within reach.

> I want to configure the MANET so that it can buffer the data
> locally and forward them. The gateway may not be visible directly therefore
> the radios should be able to do multihopping-buffering-forwarding etc.
>
> Data transmission in real time is not necessary, but if the gateway is in sight
> then it should happen in real time.
>
> Can olsr be configured to be used in above manner?

olsr only handles the realtime links. store-and-forward is something you
have to do yourself in your application.

> Any pointers would be of great help.
>
> Also, is there any place(link to sites) where i can find USB-wifi compatible
> with linux running on Xscale processor?

As long as there is a driver for the device for linux, you should be
able to compile it for your box.

A search for "<devicetype> linux" on google useully give som hints on
the usage of devices.

--
Henning Wangerin <(spam-protected)>