[OLSR-users] Mobile node(s) in dead spot

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 6 09:52:37 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 23:05 -0500, asutosh gopinath wrote:
> My embedded computer wants to send GPS data every 10 secs.
> But I dont want to store them in my application memory and keep retrying until the radio
> establishes the connection with the gateway.
>
> I want to configure the MANET so that it can buffer the data
> locally and forward them. The gateway may not be visible directly therefore
> the radios should be able to do multihopping-buffering-forwarding etc.

> Data transmission in real time is not necessary, but if the gateway is in sight
> then it should happen in real time.

You probably don't realize what "realtime" really means (hint: it
doesn't mean "as fast as possible" - even if lots of sales and marketing
people may abuse the word for that meaning).

> Can olsr be configured to be used in above manner?

Of course not since said OLSRD is "only" a routing daemon and a general
"store data locally for whatever endpoints may arrive in sight in
whatever timeframe" application.

Put your data into an email, configure MTAs an all nodes correctly and
let them handle it since SMTP is designed for exactly that purpose - it
is actually what you are really looking for.

> Any pointers would be of great help.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services