[OLSR-users] No routes - what's going wrong?

Dan Flett (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 11 01:51:31 CEST 2006

Hi again,

I've got OLSR running on 4 nodes of our network now.  After I installed it
on our main routing node, I was receiving routes from the one other node
that was running OLSR.  Now 4 nodes are running it and no-one is getting any
routes - and the httpinfo plugin shows that only one node can see any links.
I'm not sure adding the other 2 new nodes caused the problem because when I
disable olsrd on them and restart olsrd on the main node, I still have no
routes.

Note that all the links involved are point-to-point links using directional
antennas, each link is a separate /28 subnet.

All nodes are running olsrd version 0.4.10-1, with the http plugin and some
are running the nameservice plugin

Here's a typical olsrd.conf - the only thing that differs between nodes is
the Hna4 and Interface declarations - all the numerical parameters are
identical.

DebugLevel      0
IpVersion       4
ClearScreen     no
Hna4
{
   10.10.145.64      255.255.255.240
   10.10.145.96      255.255.255.240
   10.10.145.112     255.255.255.240
   10.10.145.224     255.255.255.240
}
AllowNoInt      yes
UseHysteresis   no
LinkQualityLevel        2
LinkQualityWinSize      100
Pollrate        0.05
TcRedundancy    2
MprCoverage     7
LinkQualityFishEye      1
LinkQualityDijkstraLimit 0 5.0
Interface "wlan0" "wlan1" "ath0" "eth0"
{
    HelloInterval       5.0
    HelloValidityTime   200.0
    TcInterval          0.5
    TcValidityTime      260.0
    MidValidityTime     100.0
    HnaValidityTime     100.0
}

Is there anything I can tweak to try to fix things?

Cheers,

Dan