[OLSR-users] Connection cut after iwconfig eth1 rate xM

Wolfram Gettert (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 19 17:42:49 CET 2006

Hi all,
I am new to this list. I am using olsrd succesfully for three month now.
However I have the following problem

Setup:
 - notebook with Fedora Core 4 and a vanilla 2.6.13.4 Kernel
 - WLAN Orinoco 8410-WD
 - olsrd-0.4.9
 - Network is IPv6 based

I start the olsrd on two notebooks A and B. It takes some time and I can
establish a connection to the other notebook. I can establish sucessfully
a GnomeMeeting session with video and audio.

When I know do a "iwconfig eth1 rate XM" (X is the data rate) on notebook
A the GnomeMeeting session is Ok for another 3-5 seconds and then freezes.

Notebook A:
The olsrd does not receive any hello messages from notebook B after
changing the rate and therefor deletes the routes.

Notebook B:
The olsrd still receives hallo messages from A and still sees noetbook A
as a neighbour but marks it as SYM=NO.

The strange thing is if I setup static routes without olsrd and do a
"iwconfig eth1 rate XM" I can continue the GnomeMeeting session without
any problem.

I have tested the same setup with olsrd-0.4.10 but it is the same behaviour.

Do you have any idea how to explain this behaviour? Any hints what I can do?

Thanks for any hints or ideas.

Wolfram

--
Dipl.-Ing.
Wolfram Gettert

Software Engineer Embedded Systems

Mixed Mode GmbH
Lochhamer Schlag 17                   D-82166 Gräfelfing/München
mailto:(spam-protected)    http://www.mixed-mode.de

Mixed Mode - Your Partner for Systems Engineering!