[OLSR-users] Differing metrics for route decision

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Sun Feb 26 21:07:17 CET 2006

Hey Liam.

[...]

> How was the ETX metric implemented into the main olsr codebase?

Currently there isn't any clean plugin-like interface for metrics. The
ETX implementation hooks into the code of olsrd at quite a lot of places
which are dispersed all over the code.

[...]

Regarding other metrics or improvements of the existing metric we're
always open for discussion. I am not a routing expert, though, I just
implement what other, smarter people tell me to implement. :-)

-Thomas