[OLSR-users] Differing metrics for route decision

William Conroy (spam-protected)
Thu Feb 23 04:06:45 CET 2006

Hi sorry for the long delay between the reply and my second email. Im quite
interested in the possibility of throughput being used as a metric for route
decision.

I have a few more questions that I'd like to ask if thats possible.

Is there any plans to implement different metrics in the future? If not
specific route metrics, how about a mechanism that would make it easier for
others to do this?

How was the ETX metric implemented into the main olsr codebase?

What do people think of highest throughput as a routing metric? I've had it
suggested to me as part of my project, but with very little discussion as to
why it would be a good metric (though this could possibly be a language
barrier problem, I'm working in Japan). But basically I'm currently not sure
either way whether it is a good metric or not...

Many thanks for taking the time to read these questions!

Liam