[OLSR-users] Olsr Dhcp

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Fri Feb 24 10:47:56 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 13:32 +0530, Vinay Menon wrote:
[...]
> I wanted to know if if there is any Olsr DHCP plugin or something
> which can help me with this.

Hopefully not. AFAICS you probably want a DHCP relayer on each node.

I'm an official speaker here but assignment of an IP adress is no
business for a "routing deamon" (and there are several different out
there).
The routing may or may not care about new/changing IP adresses but it is
not it's business to *set* IP adresses on interfaces or integrate a DHCP
server or relayer.

[...]
> I am not sure if the issue i have is related to olsr or Openwrt.But i

No, you are touching a conceptual problem - the assignment policies in a
IP net (which are set by the admins there) have absolutely nothing with
the routing policies and deamons (which are set by the same or other
admins).
Yes, these areas have to work together but they are basically two
different issues.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services