[OLSR-users] duplicate IP behaviour

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 13 10:36:46 CET 2006

Andeas,

please do *not* exit olsrd without further necessity. It's too easy to bring
a complete mesh down simply by configuring an ip twice. The zeroconf people
may consider ipv6 with an address based on the MAC instead.

My two cents: zeroconf/dhcp/rendevezous and others are unsuitable for a
bigger mesh, because you give away the (small) opportunity for some
management here. People need to talk to each other - which is hard a total
anon environment. OK - that's layer 8, not covered by ISO/OSI nor olsrd ;-)

LG
Sven-Ola