[OLSR-users] olsrd with 2 networks

Kosta Welke (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 7 12:47:16 CET 2006

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 19:19 +0100, Andreas Tønnesen wrote:

>> I take it you are running on one interface? Using 255.255.255.255
>> for broadcast should be sufficient in that case.
> Hmm, and if I run it on several interfaces (and all of the nets are
> equally visible on all interfaces)?
> Of course I would use it then in all interface sections.

If the broadcast addresses for these interfaces are correct, no further
action on your part is required, as olsrd uses theses addresses when
broadcasting on an interface.

The broadcast option is only needed when you want to connect to nodes
that are in your one-hop radius, but have a different network address.
A (bad) example would be an ethernet where 10.0/16 and 192.168/16
addresses are mixed. There, if all nodes use 255.255.255.255 as
broadcast address, everyone would see each other.

HTH,
Kosta