[OLSR-users] forcing olsr routing via LAN

Henning Wangerin (spam-protected)
Sun Apr 30 20:15:19 CEST 2006

Hi!

I'm building a large wireless network, that has to cover a number of
locations in an area of around 8 km^2. I'm primarily using wrt54g boxes
running openwrt.

At a couple of points I have multiple nodes installed with hy-gain
link-antennas, and are trying to figure out how to connect them via LAN.

Please see a detailed layout here:
	http://olsr-net.dk/index.php/kort.php
(node names are the last two octets of the IP - so 7.1 is 10.128.7.1/16)

Right now inter-node communication between 4.1 5.1 and 6.1 also goes via
WLAN, but I'd like to patch them up via ethernet.

How would that be configured so packets from 7.1 to 3.1 goes
WLAN->ethernet->WLAN ?

1) The wrt can be setup to bridge wlan and lan, but wouldn't that send
data sent from 6.1 to 4.1 to the wireless too?

2) The wrt can be setup to use 4.2 5.2 and 6.2 on the LANs, but how
would olsrd wnow to send data for form 4.1 to 5.1 via LAN?

3) More questions is likely to come ;-)

Thanx in advance

--
Henning Wangerin <(spam-protected)>