[OLSR-users] Fast Roaming Nodes

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 5 20:33:47 CEST 2006

Another thought-

Try this experiment.  take a buddy, a WRT54G with an external antenna, a
laptop with an external antenna, and head over to I-95.  Have him set up the
WRT in AP mode in his car, with the external antenna mounted on the roof (mag
mount, like a good wardriver).  Now send him two exits up the highway.  Set
up your laptop with a static IP address to associate to what ever SID the WRT
is set to, and start pinging the other AP.  Now, using cellphones, coordinate
your start times and drive towards each other at 75 mph, pinging the IP of
the WRT the whole time.   Pass each other, drive another mile or so, then
stop and see how many pings you actually got ACKed on.  If you got ANY, then
it works at 150mph.  Now, get a radar detector and try again at 115mph
each ... :)

Seriously, with my weak grasp of physics and radios, I just don't think it
will work.  But if you do run any tests, let me know, just for curiosity's
sake.