[OLSR-users] atheros openbsd free hal and full duplex radio in 802.11a?

Benjamin Henrion (spam-protected)
Fri Nov 18 02:59:17 CET 2005

Hi,

I was confused about some rumors from a friend to have a full duplex
radio in 802.11a.

After some research, I found out that the atheros ar5xxx is a software
radio, and that it uses 2 channels in 5ghz to have a 108MB/s mode.

I think there were some discussions at WTH about having a modified
version of the openbsd openhal to have a full duplex radio.

The main problem right now with OLSR is the half duplex layer of the
radio, where bandwidth is decreasing after 4 or 5 hops.

Are there any plans to help the openbsd coders in that project?

--
Benjamin Henrion <(spam-protected)>
http://bh.udev.org