[OLSR-users] Subnetting an OLSR mesh

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 15 07:28:52 CET 2005

Dan,

150 is quite ok for one mesh (see below). Do not fiddle with HNAs for that
purpose, just use the multi-interface nodes. For backbone purposes, we have
pointopoint-Links with a more narrow netmask here in berlin (that is
x.0.0.0/8 for ad-hoc and x.0.0.0/30 for pointopoint). If you plan to link
two meshes, it's a good idea to use different IPs in each. Then you can
announce one mesh with HNA in the other (and vice versa) on the gateway.

(spam-protected):~# nvram get clkfreq
125
(spam-protected):~# route -n |wc -l
    161
(spam-protected):~# top
Mem: 9696K used, 4752K free, 0K shrd, 916K buff, 3384K cached
Load average: 0.12, 0.26, 0.26    (State: S=sleeping R=running, W=waiting)

  PID USER     STATUS   RSS  PPID %CPU %MEM COMMAND
26294 root     S        732     1 33.6  5.0 olsrd
 2703 root     R        400  2698  1.3  2.7 top
 2697 root     S        624   421  0.9  4.3 dropbear
 2698 root     S        472  2697  0.0  3.2 ash

LG Sven-Ola