[OLSR-users] olsrd and default gateway

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 7 12:10:46 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 12:02 +0100, Sven-Ola Tuecke wrote:
> Bernd,
>
> not sure, I understand. Let me guess two scenarios:
>
> a) You live in Bogoland and your single mesh connection is through a tunnel.
> That tunnel is *not* an inet connection but a (slow and expensive) leased
> line. You don't want to have inet traffic through that leased line heading
> to the gateways offered in the mesh. Add a static default route on the
> border device to nowhere. To be polite, you may also add a firewall rule,
> that answers to such traffic with "-j REJECT". This is not a clean solution,
> because in this scenario you need to block that HNA4 0.0.0.0/0 messages from
> the other side completely from flooding your side (and vice versa).
>
> b) You live in Bogoland and your single mesh connection is through an inet
> tunnel. Why not offer that inet connection as gateway on your side? Add a
> HNA4 entry to the border device, this will pull those default routes on your
> side to the next available gw - that's your border device. Of course, you
> may also want the other side (the border device in the mesh) to offer it's
> inet connection in the same way.

c) I live in Bogoland and have no flat fee but an ordinary ISP package
   with a volume limit (even if it is only as vague as "fair use") and
   the tunnel goes BTW over a masquerading firewall (which makes
   routing-wise no difference).
   At the moment I'm the only theoratical user of such a uplink and
   therefore it makes ATM no difference.

So it sounds pretty much like b) - I will try what playing with HNA
announcements help.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services