[OLSR-users] olsrd and default gateway

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 7 12:02:30 CET 2005

Bernd,

not sure, I understand. Let me guess two scenarios:

a) You live in Bogoland and your single mesh connection is through a tunnel.
That tunnel is *not* an inet connection but a (slow and expensive) leased
line. You don't want to have inet traffic through that leased line heading
to the gateways offered in the mesh. Add a static default route on the
border device to nowhere. To be polite, you may also add a firewall rule,
that answers to such traffic with "-j REJECT". This is not a clean solution,
because in this scenario you need to block that HNA4 0.0.0.0/0 messages from
the other side completely from flooding your side (and vice versa).

b) You live in Bogoland and your single mesh connection is through an inet
tunnel. Why not offer that inet connection as gateway on your side? Add a
HNA4 entry to the border device, this will pull those default routes on your
side to the next available gw - that's your border device. Of course, you
may also want the other side (the border device in the mesh) to offer it's
inet connection in the same way.

LG Sven-Ola