[OLSR-users] LQ Routing and 802.11b Link Speed

Holger Mauermann (spam-protected)
Thu May 19 15:11:41 CEST 2005

Thomas Lopatic wrote:
> If all three links have zero packet loss, then the direct link is
> better ETX-wise.
> Once the LQ code is stable, we should definitely think through this
> whole ETX business again. Maybe we can come up with something even
> more suitable.

What about measuring not only the packet loss, but also the round trip
time to the neighbors? The LQ/ETX could then be multiplied by some value
depending on the fastest/slowest link...

If I ping my direct neighbor I get usually 2-2.5ms if there is no
traffic, around 4ms when I set both nodes to 1 Mbps and it goes up to
20ms and more if the link is saturated.

--
\-- Holger Mauermann
 \-- (spam-protected)