[OLSR-users] LQ Routing and 802.11b Link Speed

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Thu May 19 13:58:45 CEST 2005

Thomas,

consider upvaluing links within multihomed hosts. Such links are usually
faster because no store-and-forward needed. Example with 3 nodes using
different channels or modes:

fastest: (1:WL) -> (2:WL+WL) -> (3:WL)
fast: (1:WL) -> (2:WL+ET) -> (3:ET+WL) -> (4:WL)
slow: (1:WL) -> (2:WL) -> (3:WL)

The "fast" example is a double node, built with two WRT devices bound by
gaffa tape and an ethernet wire. The "slow" example are 3 nodes in ad-hoc.

Regards, Sven-Ola