[OLSR-users] Problem with droptime

Felix Nattermann (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 15 13:11:42 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "lolo" <(spam-protected)>
To: "OLSR discussion and development" <(spam-protected)>
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [OLSR-users] Problem with droptime

> Hello Felix
>
> OLSR is not very fast at detecting/reestablishing broken roads, so maybe
> are you hitting the limits of it ?
10 sec to create a new route in a very simple topology? I hope that it isn't
the limit

> Maybe you could give us more information about your topology and the time
> evolution of it in order
> to check if the timeouts fell inside "theorical" ranges

Topology:

There are only 3 Nodes (A, B and C). First there is a direct link from A to

A ----- C                    and everythinks goes right.
  \       /
   \    /

After 5 seconds I change the topology (with iptables) to:

A --------- B -------- C            so that there is no direct link between
A and C.

After 5 seconds the topology will change back. But the 5 sec are not enougth
that OLSR can create a new route. So I wait for 10 to 15 sec until the new
route
is created. So I change in the config file the hello_interval and the
tc_intervall but
nothing realy happens.

Felix