[OLSR-users] Re: OLSR Network Dying

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 29 15:35:45 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 10:52 pm, Andrew Hodel wrote:
> Any ideas what is wrong, entire network is down...
>
> Andrew

Are you using any plugins?  Does every node have an identical olsrd.conf?  I
had some similar problems until I took out all of the plugins, got everyone
on the same version of olsrd, and used identical olsrd.conf files across the
entire network.  I also had two "key" nodes (one was an HNA, one was not)
that would do exactly what you're describing, so I set up a cron for them to
reboot every night at 0200.  That was the final solution, and my network
reliability has skyrocketed (save for the fact that I would _NEVER_ use
WRT54Gs in a commercial environment again).

I'm attaching my "common" olsrd.conf from one of my nodes.  I use hysterisis,
not LQ.  Nothing against LQ or Thomas' work, it's just what I started with
and I was having enough success to not mess with it.  The olsrd.conf below is
in place on every node in my network, save for the two HNAs, which use the
dyn-gw plugin.  My network addressing scheme is the 192.168.7.0/24 subnet:
i.e. inet addr:192.168.7.43  Bcast:192.168.7.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

#
# olsr.org OLSR daemon config file
#
DebugLevel      0