[OLSR-users] Route information changing too quickly

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 10 12:56:11 CEST 2005

Andrew,

link lost during long downloads? (OLSR) broadcast are transmitted without
ACK on the ethernet/wlan level. Good for packet-loss-detection, bad if the
air is full with other large packets. Try to send smaller packets on the air
interface, e.g. use "iwconfig <if> frag 500" or so. An "iwconfig <if> rts
250" may be a good idea too...

Rgds, Sven-Ola

"Andrew Hodel" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On my olsr network, most of the nodes are fairly static (attached to
buildings).  I have some problems with large downloads failing which I
suspect is due to the route changing during the middle of the
download.

I also have intermittent problems when doing anything over the network
on some nodes which have multiple links (7 or 8) and a few links are
good (.9+ LQ).

Anyone have suggestions on what I could do to resolve some of these
problems?

Andrew