[OLSR-users] Dumb setup questions

salsaman (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 9 21:35:01 CEST 2005

Sven-Ola Tuecke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the HNA4 line announces "Internet HERE!". The additional route will
> spread to all clients. Note that you have to *clear* the manual gatway
> setting on any client for this to work.
>
> Anybody (with a partial understandig what a routing daemon does) is
> very fast with hacking "route add default gw blabla" or setting manual
> routes which is contraproductive here...
>
> Rgds, Sven-Ola

OK, maybe your explanation was not so clear.

On node 1 (gateway machine) I have default gateway to set to 192.168.1.1
on the second card.

On node 2 (client) I have removed all gateways, so that the only entry
left is host node 1.

When I try to ping an address on the net from node 2, I get "network
unreachable".

What am I doing wrong ?

Salsaman.