[OLSR-users] Getting started with OLSR

lee hughes (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 26 13:16:36 CEST 2005

after playing with oslr on friefunk firmware, I've found the following.

If I use different subnets for the wireless side (10.x.x.x) and lan
side (192.168.x.x) then olsr only seem to distribute 10.x.x.x routes,
clients on the lan can only communicate if the use nat to the wireless
side, i.s. they inherit the 10.x.x.x address of the router. using the
setup guide at http://www.vdomck.org/blog/ .my lan side is in the
range 192.168.x.x, with nat disabled the only way I've found to
'inject' the lan routes into the mesh is to use hna4, but is that not
used for distributed internet gateways???

is there a better solution, or is this 'the' solution ;-).

I've got a feeling that I should be start my olsrd on more than one
interface, i.e., the wireless and the lan side, and then use hna4 only
for the 'internet port' , to my default gateway to the internet.

Laters,
Lee