[OLSR-users] OLSRD using a point-to-multipoing configuration.

John Clark (spam-protected)
Tue Jul 19 01:39:12 CEST 2005

All,

At the present moment I'm attempting to configure OLSRD to manage
routing in a network
which is using point-to-multipoint connetions. How this is constructed
is there is a link master
which controls several slaves. Each slave is given a time slot during
which it may transmit.

How this looks to the linux environment is the master has a number of
slip connections, while
each slave sees only a point-to-point connection.

 From the slave point of view I also set the master's slip address as
the broadcast address.

It seems that the slave is sending OLSR packets, and givesdebug messages:

Received HNA from NON SYM neighbor ...

When I use the http interface to view the various parameters. On the
slave I see indications
that it does see the master side, but on the master side, there is no
indication that the
slave exists.

Has anyone thought of this type of connection, and if so, how did they
configure OLSRD
to manage the links throughout a series of point-to-multipoint
connection groups.

Thanks
John Clark