[OLSR-users] missing default route on redundant path

dennis khoo (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 26 19:05:44 CET 2005

Hi all,

I have a particular scenario using 0.4.8 that I'm
testing and 1 node(D) seems to be missing a default
route depending on which other node is up.  The setup
is as follows:

                     gateway to internet

                             |ethernet

               node A with 2 radios and 1 ethernet
                   /                    \
                  / wifi                 \wifi
                 /                        \
        node B with 2 radios       node C with 2
radios
                 \                         /
                  \wifi                   /wifi
                   \                     /
                    node D with 2 radios

olsrd.conf details:
1) Both radios on all nodes are configured to run olsr
via the interface optionblock.
1) Only node A has Hna4 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 configured.
2) All nodes has Willingess 7
3) All nodes has LinkQualityLevel	2
4) default setting for other parameters

Problem:
When both radios are running on all nodes, node D does
not see a default route in its routing table but B and
C does.  This is a problem since I cannot ping say the
ethernet interface on node A from node D because A's
ethernet interface has an IP that is not on any
network on D's routing table)  If I turn off node C or
node B, then node D sees the default route.  I guess
the problem is that there are 2 possible routes to
node A if both C and B are turned on... I don't know
what happens to the default route on D.

Any help is deeply appreciated and thanks for the
great work Andreas, Thomas et al.

dennis