[OLSR-users] multiple interfaces?

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Sun Jan 23 14:06:26 CET 2005

Hi Aled,

> I have spent several hours today trying to get OLSR working over multiple
> interfaces. Basically, I can't get it going.
>
> I'm using 0.4.8, with the LQ extensions. Can someone confirm that it actually
> does work, and that I'm not wasting my time here...

While the multiple interface scenario seems to work quite well for many
people, it has been reported by one person that a link to a neighbour
never becomes symmetric in spite of zero packet loss and a corresponding
ETX of 1.00. So, there might very well be a bug in the LQ implementation
that doesn't show up very often.

Tracking the reported problem down is on my to-do list for 0.4.9. So, it
would be interesting to find out whether you are facing the same problem.

Could you supply some additional information on your infrastructure, its
network topology and IP addresses? Based on the additional information
we could then ask you to create debug logs that help us track down what
causes the problem that you have.

Thanks,
-Thomas