[OLSR-users] problem while using global IPv6 address

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 5 16:29:43 CET 2005

Hi,

There was a bug in the IPv6 global multipcast configuration.
I have fixed it. A diff is attatched, you could patch your
0.4.8 source or check out the CVS version(in a couple of hours).

- Andreas

Audsin dev wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using olsrd-0.4.8 and using global IPv6 address
> for my experiment. I have configured my wireless
> interface (eth1) with global IPv6 address and there is
> no site-local IPv6 address for that interface (eth1)
>
> I changed my /etc/olsrd.conf to configure for global
> IPv6 address as mentioned below
>
> Ip6AddrType                global
>
> Ip6MulticastGlobal ff0e::1
>
> But while i run olsrd i get the following lines
>
> sendto(v6): Cannot assign requested address
> Socket: 5 interface: 0
> To: ff05::15 (size: 28)
> Outputsize: 32
>
> Also, my routing table is also not changed by olsrd
>
> 1) My question is, why is olsrd still using ff05::15
> (which is the multicast address for  site-local
> address) and not ff0e::1 (multicast address for global
> IPv6 address).
>
> 2) why iam a getting
>
> sendto(v6): Cannot assign requested address
> Socket: 5 interface: 0
> To: ff05::15 (size: 28)
> Outputsize: 32
>
> what does "sendto(v6): Cannot assign requested
> address"
> means here?
>
> Everything works fine with site-local IPv6..
>
> Any suggestion why iam getting this error for global
> IPv6.
>
> I am attaching my olsrd.conf and the log file
> generated by olsrd

> http://my.yahoo.com

Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org