[OLSR-users] internet gateway (ip forward?) problem

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 22 14:27:51 CET 2005

Hi,

Since you are not using NAT in your GW you must make sure the GW will
route correctly. Having two interfaces on the same subnet is really asking
for trouble when you are going to act as a router(well, really in any
situation) :) In this case the GW will probably route traffic out the
interface with the first entry in your routing table, so if the GW node
has:
203.159.31.0/24   eth0
203.159.31.0/24   wlan1
there is a large chance all traffic destined for 203.159.31.0/24 will be
routed via eth0. This does not go for olsrd control-traffic since this
traffic is using fixed routing(bound to interfaces).
So for this to work you should IMO either set up NAT *ugh* or set up
subnets of the 203.159.31.0/24 network on your two interfaces on the GW.

- Andreas