[OLSR-users] OLSR plugin for quagga?

Jan-Willem Smaal (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 16 12:56:11 CET 2005

Hi Gilles,

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:18:07PM +0100, Gilles Douillet wrote:
> Hello Jan-Wilem,
> >
> > What would be nice feature is a plugin for quagga so the it can
> redistribute
> > OLSR routes into OSPF or BGP dynamically...
>
> Yes it could be a nice feature, but I think it's already possible with the
> directive
> redistribute kernel and redistribute connected , which can be used to send
> back in opsf or bgp all additionnal routes

That solves the OLSR -> BGP/OSPF that gets me a long way thanks for the hint.
Now I need a way for OLSR to redistribute the 'kernel'/'quagga' learned routes
as HNA's...  Of course carefull network design should be done to avoid the
mutual redistribution "shoot yourself in the foot" architecture ;-).

> In the past, I had done a config (but never tested) with a wireless router
> with two intefaces, one connected to an OSPF network, and the other with
> OLSR.

I have done this, but only with a static announcement into BGP this was on
Cisco's with a static route to the host running OLSR (i.e. using the OLSR WAN
as a transit for connecting eBGP peers). Combining quagga and OLSR on the same
host would allow a dynamic redistribution of the OLSR learned routes. Excellent.

Merci/bedankt

J-W,
--
Jan-Willem.Smaal AT nc3a.nato.int