[OLSR-users] does there exists any IPv6 address auto-conf plugin orsoftware

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Sat Feb 12 12:54:25 CET 2005

Hi Frank,

> I beleive PACMAN only supports IPv4 address configuration and not
> IPv6. Am i correct?
>
> I need IPv6 address auto-conf software or plugin

Once in a while I read the pacman paper(which I can very much
recommend). The heuristics used there can imho easily be adjusted to
IPv6, should just be a matter of widening the ip data structures. Also,
the pacman source is published under a free licence so you could also
adjust it to make a olsrd plugin from it, which runs on several OSs.
  The thing is just that using this DAD with ipv6 does not give you any
advantage over DAD with ipv4, but one big disadvantage, which is the
increased protocol overhead due to 4times larger addresses. So is there
any particular reason why you want to use only ipv6?

For IPv6 there is also this manet autoconf scheme, though I think the
pacman idea is much better:
http://www-r2.u-strasbg.fr/~frey/safari/autoconf.html
[these to have been implemented into qolsr]

kind regards,

jens