[OLSR-users] patch to olsrd-current to include full openwrt building

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 9 10:35:49 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 08:07 +0100, Andreas Tønnesen wrote:
> One question about the script. You use:
>
> > + CROSS=$OPENWRT/buildroot/build_mipsel/staging_dir/mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin
> > + CC=$CROSS/gcc
> > + LD=$CROSS/ld
> > + RANLIB=$CROSS/ranlib
> > + AR=$CROSS/ar
> > + STRIP=$CROSS/strip
> > + ARCH=mips
>
> Is there some kind of standarization of this directory structure and
> filenames(since you've hard-coded it)? On my system the mipsel cross

Not the filenames AFAIK, but the variables (e.g. at least the Linux
kernel, busybox and tinylogin Makefiles (IIRC) have it that way):
For cross-gcc you usually have (in your case)
    CROSS=mipsel-uclibc-
and
    CC=$(CROSS)gcc
    LD=$(CROSS)kd
    etc.
in Makefiles.
And I would use a completely different variable for the directory.

For the above case CROSS is obviuosly empty.

As for gcc: You can build a cross-gcc either way - called "gcc" or
"$ARCH-gcc". The latter avoids nasty problems if people (or distributors
or ....) do not separate cross-toolchains from native ones clearly.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services