[OLSR-users] patch to olsrd-current to include full openwrt building

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 9 08:07:21 CET 2005

Hi Paul,

One question about the script. You use:

> + CROSS=$OPENWRT/buildroot/build_mipsel/staging_dir/mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin
> + CC=$CROSS/gcc
> + LD=$CROSS/ld
> + RANLIB=$CROSS/ranlib
> + AR=$CROSS/ar
> + STRIP=$CROSS/strip
> + ARCH=mips

Is there some kind of standarization of this directory structure and
filenames(since you've hard-coded it)? On my system the mipsel cross
compiler resides in /opt/brcm/hndtools-mipsel-uclibc-0.9.19/bin/ and the
binary is calles mipsel-uclibc-gcc so your script would never work on
this system. As another example my ARM cross compiler is named
arm-linux-gcc and is placed in and obscure directory :)
Normally I only have to do  'make OS=linux CC=mipsel-uclibc-gcc'
to build a mipsel binary(as the crosscompiler bin dir is in my path).

I think having a packaging directory is a good idea, and others are
encouraged to contribute with scripts. However, I feel the main makefile
should be OS spesific and not deal with distros/packages. I'll rather
create a Makefile in the packaging directory with targets for all
available packages.

- Andreas

--
Andreas Tønnesen