[OLSR-users] httpinfo compiled for WRT54G - Webinterface looks different

Aldert J.B.P. Hazenberg (spam-protected)
Sun Feb 6 22:34:41 CET 2005

Hi People ! (and Andreas)

Recently I started to play around with my Linksys WRT54G outside
the OLSR environment that I configured on it so I could join the
local ANC network in my hometown Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

I noticed on the website and the mailing list that there was a cool
plugin written by Andreas for displaying config info on the OLSRD
process running on it. That is just what I needed. Tnx Andreas !

As I could not find an .ipk package for the WRT54G of this plugin
I asked a good friend of mine to compile it and with some changes
of the make file (he added -fPIC at CFLAGS to make it compile) and
now we have a "0.1 .ipk file" for the WRT54G mips environment.

Installing the plugin on the WRT was a breeze and was followed by
some manual editting of /etc/olsrd.conf to get the plugin loaded.

The question I have is this, why is 'my' webinterface looking like this :
http://rotz.org/OLSR/httpinfo-install-result.JPG
and the example webinterface from last december looks like this :
http://www.olsr.org/files/httpinfo/config.html

Is there a new version of the httpinfo plugin that I can download somewhere ?
Is it something else I overlooked ?

I really would like to have that nifty cool looking webinterface like the
example mentioned by Andreas :)

Thanks !!
Aldert Hazenberg

ps, I am part of the Amsterdam Network Collective where we use OLSR to
     (try to) create an citywide public and open wireless network.

     (warning) Dutch url : http://www.amsterdam-wireless.nl/front/
     English 'raw' version of that webpage :
     http://www.amsterdam-wireless.nl/oost/moin.cgi/FolDerEn

ps2,If you like to play with this '0.1 .ipk file' of httpinfo for WRT
     we created you can get the package from the website of my friend
     Paul who works at Xelerance - http://www.xelerance.com/ who are the
     guys maintaining OpenSwan - http://www.openswan.org/.

     Just add to /etc/ipkg.conf the entry
     src openswan ftp://ftp.openswan.org/olsrd
     and run the command : ipkg update

     Now 'install' olsrd-httpinfo by running the command :
     ipkg install olsrd-httpinfo

     The result should look like this :
     http://rotz.org/OLSR/httpinfo-install.JPG

     In /usr/lib/ you now have a new file named "olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1"

     Add to the /etc/olsrd.conf file :
     LoadPlugin "/usr/lib/olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1"
     {
     PlParam "Port" "8080"
     }

     Now restart your OLSRD and on port 8080 and on your WRT54G you now
     have a status-webpage on OLSRD :)