[OLSR-users] unstable routing tables with 0.4.8

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 3 13:24:42 CEST 2005

First of all, as Christian points out in another mail, do _not_
run with a debuglevel of 9! All that I/O causes a lot of CPU usage.
Second, make sure your plugin is not CPU consuming. Remeber
that it runs in the same thread as olsrd itself. If a plugin uses
any kind of blocking or timeconsuming I/O without doing that in a
separate thread, there might be serious trouble.

Regarding the bugfixes, one perticular fix comes to mind. There
was a problem with the order of route addittions so that routes
in some causes, was added using a nexthop that was not yet added
to the routing table. This would cause the kernel not to add the
route.
However, I doubt this is what causes your problems, trying 0.4.9
was merely a suggestion to rule out this, and other, fixes. If
this bug was the problem, then olsrd would display all nodes, but
the kernel table woul not show them.

Try with debuglevel 0(or 1).

- Andreas

Andreas Tønnesen